There are a thousand strategies that all can all be effective when it comes to nutrition and “diet”. We should all understand there is no one magic pill to achieving results. In that respect, you must find what works for you. Myths like how we must eat breakfast, every couple hours, and that saturated fat raises cholesterol in our blood and causes heart disease are getting busted everyday.
I understand most people cannot eat “clean” whatever that means, all the time. I actually like to let people eat what they want (yes no matter what it is) according to their macro-nutrient intake (carbs, proteins, fats, and yes fiber) that is required for them to achieve their goals. This way we do not create disordered eating.
Even though strategies differ according to different people, below are some foods that will help you create optimal results if you want to take the “good” foods approach. You can refer back to this if you wish to look at foods that are “better” for you, no matter what “diet” you decide to follow.
- Red, Bliss, Russet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brown Rice
- Black Rice
- Sprouted grain breads
Fruits and Vegetables:
Organic is necessary with certain choices. You will find out more in detail when you work with me. Some of my top choices are berries of all sorts, citrus fruits, kiwi, pineapple, and apricot. With the vegetables being mostly composed of foods like kale, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Any organic grass fed animal products.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Turkey skinless white
- Top Round Steak
- Eye of round steak
- Farm Fresh Omega 3 Eggs
- All types of fish and seafood. Lobster, shrimp. Wild caught fish (Ex: Salmon, Mackerel)
- Protein powders (low calorie and low sugar)
- Grass fed organic animal products
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Macadamia nut oil
- Palm fruit oil
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Walnut oil
- Virgin Coconut oil
- All types of nuts and seed
- All types of natural nut butters
- Fish and krill oil
- Lemon or Lime Water
- Green, Oolong, black, white, and all sorts of other teas. Herbal included.
- Organic black coffee
- Raw apple cider vinegar, and most other vinegars
- All fresh and dried whole ground herbs and spices. Examples: Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, Curcumin, Cayenne etc.
- Kelp Powder
- Hot Sauce
- Soy Sauce (gluten free)
- Broths (organic vegetables and chicken)